Has your business started to see growth in recent years? Perhaps you are starting to outgrow your own facilities and are now looking for a warehouse that suits your needs. Whatever the reason, choosing a warehouse for your business can seem like a daunting task, and with so many different options out there it can be difficult to know what to look out for.
Whilst moving onto a warehouse for many businesses is a natural progression, you may not yet have looked into the requirements needed to do so. So, if you are ready to start warehousing your commercial storage, consider choosing John K Philips to help you on your way to a more seamless operation.
What are the most important factors to consider when picking a warehouse for your commercial storage?
It goes without saying that storing your goods in a secure and manned warehouse helps to reduce the risk of theft or damage. But how can warehousing add value to your operations? Check out three reasons why you should consider a storage warehouse for your business.
1. Location, location, location
It may not seem it, but the location of your warehouse is of the
A good location can:
- Improve your customer service thanks to a faster and more efficient process
- Help you reach new customers
- Reduces the room for error
- Improve business continuity
- Streamline your operations
Depending on what kind of business you run, you may require certain facilities and services from your chosen warehouse. Ensuring that you do your research will help you get the most out of your money and avoid disappointment later on down the line. At John K Philips we offer a number of storage facilities, including all of the following:
- Racked storage
- Bulk storage
- Order picking
- Pallet wrapping
- Covered loading and unloading
- Container loading and unloading – palletised and non-palletised stock
- Production of delivery paperwork tailored to your specifications
Although businesses have been storing their goods in warehouses for years, technology improvements have totally transformed the way we work. As a business owner, you can now benefit from complete control over your stock- even from afar – meaning no second guessing your stock.
Industry leading bar-coded warehouse technology at John K Philips can help you:
- Monitor your stock, helping you to keep on top of what inventory is needed, and what your best-selling items are
- Track exactly where your wares are at all times
- Keep track of your production quality
- Quality control; keep tabs on what items are coming to the end of their usability
Why use John K Philips to store your commercial goods?
At John K Philips we understand the importance of a well-oiled operation, which is why we have offered industry leading storage and distribution solutions for upwards of 40 years. Whilst many of our clients benefit from both our warehousing and distribution services for a more seamless service, we have a number of options available that can help your business thrive.
We can be the link between you and your customer, situated conveniently just off the M6, M62 and M56 motorways we distribute across the UK as well as internationally. For more information on the services we offer, why not contact us on 01744 751000, or fill in a contact form and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.